Telemarketing efforts take a while to ramp up. As with any type of advertising, telemarketing campaigns are like t.v. ads – you put forth your best hypothesis of what constitutes and effective and attractive presentation of your product or service and test the results. Assuming you have an experienced strategist like Lead Savvy, most adjustments can be ironed out within the first week or two of calling, as patterns begin to emerge. Initial patterns tend to develop within the first few weeks but may vary over time. At minimum, it is recommended that our eight week trial period be utilized, but smaller campaigns can be considered. Time will be needed time to develop a funnel and pipeline. While it is possible to achieve hot leads on an initial call, the majority of qualified prospects typically come from call backs. Consider this data from Referral Squirrel:
- 2% of sales are made on the First contact.
- 3% of sales are made on the Second contact.
- 5% of sales are made on the Third contact.
- 10% of sales are made on the Fourth contact.
- 80% of sales are made on the Fifth to Twelfth contact.
- 48% of salespeople never follow up with a prospect.
- 25% of salespeople make a second contact and stop.
- 12% of salespeople make three contacts and stop.
- Only 10% of sales people make it more than Three contacts with a prospect.
Lead Savvy ensures that the methodical, repetitive action of prospect follow-up takes place. For customized pricing and campaign options, feel free to give us a call at 503-477-6825 to discuss your specific project requirements.